Friday, January 23, 2009

Preparations leading up to CNY

Another year has passed and its is just a few days away from the grand festival for the Chinese, Lunar New Year! Despite being a gloomy year for this Ox year, it seems that CNY has done some good in boosting retail sales.
I went to Chinatown on two occasions, once last saturday and the second time was yesterday. On saturday, it was really crowded, full of people looking out for new year goodies. Me and my bf were also there to look for some goodies and also managed to get a lot of free tastings. Yummy. We bought this taiwan jelly from one of the vendors, selling for $1.50 per 100grams. And we moved on to view the rest of the street only to find out that the exact same jelly was selling for $1.00 per 100 grams at other vendors!! My bf was pretty much hopping mad. hahx. Despite that, I enjoyed myself there. The atmosphere was great, not to mention the great new year goodies. Yesterday I went there again with my mum in the morning. This time round, it is not so crowded but we could still feel the atmosphere in the air. We went to get some new year decorations and also the taiwan jelly cz mum really likes it. Guess what, this time round, the same vendor that I bought the jelly for $1.50 per 100grams was selling for $1.00 per 100grams. My oh my. And it was quite interesting because they wrote there "Boss not around, anyhow sell", leading to that price. hah. crazy people.
Anyways, most of the preparations have been done for CNY and I am really looking forward to it!!! I am not sure how I am viewing the aftermaths though.. gloomy year ahead..

No comments: